5.9K views

I went in there for an interview, and I made it through both first and the second one. They told me that I was marketable. And they told me that $495 will cover getting the comp card, and there is $39 fee monthly to be a member. So me being very interested in being in the acting/modeling industry, I signed up. I should have known better than to get into this mess.

So they scheduled me with this thing called a Photo Shoot Appointment. Like most people, I thought it was the real photo shoot session, I tried to call and them e-mail them about what to prepare. I got no answers or replies back even on the day of the appointment. So I tracked them down for over two weeks to talk to them about the appointment. After tracking them down (this lady name Tamara answered), I found out that it was just a meeting about what photo shoot packages they have. (I was so glad to track them down and find out that it was NOT the actual photo shoot because I live two hours away from their office.) She said that there are two photo shoot packages. First one is $495 and I will have two different looks, and the second one is $1,000+ for four different looks. And she wanted me to get the $1,000 package because it suits me better. Well I told her that I already paid $495. AND SHE TELLS ME THAT WAS ONLY FOR THE COMP CARD. And she said that the info was in the paper work. They are very shady with the way they do business. I don't remember them telling me that when I signed up. (They explain the paper work and they read out loud for you.)

The day of the second interview, they did take some pictures with a regular cheap digital camera to just have a picture of me on the website. ANYONE CAN TAKE THOSE KIND OF PICTURES EVEN THREE YEAR OLDS. Those are the worst pictures ever taken in my whole life. So I'm trying to run from them and I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Anyone have any experience with this company dealing with my kind of situation? HELP!! I lost almost $550...and $39 additional for this month. Any suggestions?

Review about: One Source Talent Photo Shoot.

Had an Experience with One Source Talent?

Comments

taylornine9cust.care
Detroit, Michigan, United States #1216940

Hello, my name is Taylor I work for the customer support division at our corporate headquarters located in Detroit, Michigan.Please contact me with your talent ID.

I would like to look into this issue to assure that everything has been resolved!You can contact me on my personal line 248-220-6531

Hope to hear from you!

Yes!I have a suggestion!

Oh man they are so shady! That's ridiculous! So here's what you can do if you really want to not run into this again, Don't be an ***. It's as simple as that.

Have a good day my dear and for once in your life, make some good choices. By the way I'm 14 years old.

There you go.I bet you don't feel so high and mighty now.

Jefferson, Georgia, United States #1011670

If you are paying to join a talent agency it isn't a talent agency!The get paid by the companies they cast for or get a percentage of your salary after you get the job!

Join backstage. It has a monthly fee but gives you real info on what's happening casting wise in your area!

It's real name there is a small monthly fee.They sometimes waive that for students who are members of SETC.

I went in and totally knew it was a scam when he said $495 and $39.99 every month....DO YOUR RESEARCH PEOPLE!!! You should NEVER have to pay up front!!! They should get commission on any job you book therefore they have an incentive to get you work!!

to Mamataughtmebetterthanthat #986205

Report them to the BBB

simple. GO TO THE POLICE

Oh wow Thank you, I'm so not going to this appointment today, smh

Riverdale, Georgia, United States #764743

You all scared me off..... We are cancelling tomorrows appt.

I went through the same experience.I haven't got a call or anything.

I paid that money next thing you know my pictures was ugly and my account was shut down.If u find out any information on how to handle this plz email me @ shekenia_b@yahoo.com

to kema #1309341

They got me too. Did you have any luck?