3.6K views

Over a year ago I got an email from these people, and didn't really know where they got it from. Anyway, they asked me to go in and talk to their casting directors.

I was in LA that day anyway. So I did stop by thinking it would only take a few minutes, then they had me watch some dumb video, sit around for a half hour and in a room with tons of wannabee actors and models. Then finally this exec type woman walks out and says, "We have decided to go with you and represent you." I worked at a Talent Agency for years so I knew the cold cattle call type thing wasn't how it was done in Hollywood. She talked about the materials they needed to advertise me with and in order to sell me.

I was like, I already have a few good head shots. And she said, "You need everything new." I was like, uh.... But she went on to try and pitch me the contract to sign. It was $998.00 dollars!!!

She was very pushy and asked for my credit card. I was like, *** no woman! She tried everything to get my credit card from me. LOL I knew then that they had wasted me time and one hour lost.

To make a long story short, I left that office. Very FAST. One Source talent is a SCAM. To all...

BEWARE! Another thing, what I have done since. I've been cast in several films since, including a role in an Indie feature film. And I played a Detective on a TV series.

Did I pay $998.00 for this?

Nope. I got paid about that much for my gigs though, and without giving them money.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

taylornine9cust.care
Detroit, Michigan, United States #1215201

Hello all, my name is Taylor I work for the customer support division at our corporate headquarters located in Detroit Michigan! I notice there is some confusion about our company, and what we do.

I would be more than happy to answer any remaining questions. Feel free to contact me on my personal line 248-220-6531.

Hello I just went to tat company today n they asked for money were is a legit place to go

I pay the fee.i got to come back to a take some more photos.what is going to happen?

What's the name of the company you went to its hard to find a real acting agency

Where/what was the company you went to to get in the films? I've been trying for years now and none of them worked.

vane2960

So at the end what how did you do to get cast? Where did you go?

What agency did you go through?

San Leandro, California, United States #1051935

Really curious, where did you go to get your gigs. What is the secret? Where cam we go that won't charge us anything?

Encino, California, United States #1051444

THANK YOU * I THOUGHT THIS WAS REALLY WEIRD

they're not agents, they don't represent people. So, I feel like this is not a legit claim.

Also the comp card is only $149 so I don't know where you got that $998 from unless it was a separate and OPTIONAL charge for photo shoot options, but even them I think the highest is around $400 for 100 proofs or so.

Agencies take cuts from your check and represent you. One Source is a service, a business.

La Plata, Maryland, United States #1050899

Thanks because I am 14 years old and they have been calling me and leaving me messages and emails non stop and i just didnt believe it either.

Thanks because I myself, a 15 year old, got a call this morning and an email to go in.

Thank you because i just recieved a call this morning to bring my granddaughter in. Thank you so much for the information.

What agency are with now?

Where did you go for that?