One Source Talent Agency Fraud!!!!!

THIS COMPANY IS A FRAUD..HAD MY 1ST INTERVIEW YESTERDAY, IN WHICH I WAS TOLD THAT I HAD A GREAT LOOK AND PERSONALITY..THE REPRESENTATIVES THEN MENTIONED SOMETHING ABOUT ME NEEDING TO PAY THEM $496.00 FOR PICTURES THEY PROVIDE.THIS SENT UP A RED FLAG, BECAUSE I'VE BEEN ACTING FOR 20 YEARS, AND NOT ONCE HAVE I BEEN ASKED TO PAY FOR SOMETHING.

NO AGENCY OR REPRESENTATIVE SHOULD ASK FOR MONEY UPFRONT.

THEY GET COMPENSATED WHEN YOU (THE TALENT) BOOKS JOBS.IT'S NEVER THE OTHER WAY AROUND..THIS COMPANY PREYS ON PEOPLE'S HOPES & DREAMS..PLEASE BEWARE!!!

c360198 review #162182
148 Helpful? 270
Had the same issue14 Comments461 Report
Had an experience with One Source Talent?  Submit review about this company
Jess

Nov 16

Its crazy how i see all these reviews about them asking for money. I too went yesterday and they not once mentioned money to me, i also got a call back. And even if you have to pay for it, this is your future. You don't get to work free. You spend money on your car and gas or else you would be late or workless due to no transpiration. Not gonna lie if you do feel sketchy, as you should, look deeper into it and if you feel its not for you move forward. Whether OST is or is not a scam i know my personality and what i can do so im going to do whatever it takes to get me where i wanna be...

Jul 27

If you've been acting for 20 years why did you have an interview with someone else?

2 0 Reply
Beautiful mystery

Jul 23 Everett, Washington

I saw the red flags right away when I first walked into their small office for one if it was a REAL TALENT AGENCY then it wouldn't have been that small and I loved the receptionist pretending to be on the phone and pre-occupied when we sat in a small waiting room filling out some *** paper and then ontop of that we are then brought back to a even bigger awkward room with one flat screen t.v and the same unit being played over and over and if you notice there's cameras in each corner observing your every move just t see if your falling for it and you wait hours at a time just for the director to walk in and pitch a *** speech o you about all the talent they've made possible then she say there's a fee f $39.25 or something like that and then she throws in $ 496.00 for the price of pictures but you don't realize that then she leaves and disappears for another hour or so and then the dumb receptionist comes in and calls you one by one to wait in a hallway then she calls you in a smaller room to get your measurements and then she sends you back into the big rock and you wait more then finally they call you back into the directors office make you stand on some *** x while she pretends to be observing you while she's really looking at the big room on the computer screen and then she gives you a compliment and sense of false hope like " you are marketable and you have potential" they said that to boost you up then they pitch the prices again and if your clueless you' ll pay up... Show more

Jun 14

thanks to all the reviews, i m not going to one source talent...my hopes were going up, and now i have decided to wait and see if becoming famous is even in my life!

May 12

You need to pay that money for professional pictures! That's how much they usually cost!!!

0 2 Reply
Begall

Nov 17 Savannah, Georgia

Professional pictures sure but they told me to put my daughters pictures on a disk and send to them so why would I pay for them if I had to take the pictures my self , guess you work for them ...

Luis

Jun 17, 2013 Merced, California

I have my interview for OST tomorrow near San Francisco, in Emeryville, and for what I've seen in some reviews and comments from people, I think that it will be scam since I haven't seen any OST company in San Francisco. I will go and if they ask me for money at the first time I will say NO, but if they do not ask me for any money, I will accept until they ask me for money, that's when I will stop. Unless I have already worked for them. If anyone has a real good company, can you please email it to me? just like the one Ariana was saying. My email is luis.cisneros1295@gmail.com
:grin

Prenny

Apr 17, 2013 Fraser, Michigan

From me experience from oct, they are fine! I get called regularly for pictures, music videos etc. u must not be submiting. They have soooo many people they can only do so little. You should log on the webpage and submit your info at peole your intrested in! I been called atleast 4 times a month.

Ghost

Mar 07, 2013 Reynolds, Georgia

I went and did an interview in ATL they dismissed me then I got a call a week later and they wanted me to do improv with someone else so I did and after that they asked for 495$ so I paid em they said they sent my vids out and pictures and a month later they called me again and I'm gonna be guest starting in a local sitcom soon to air (April 4th or so) and its gonna pay 800 per episode I appear in 8)

Jul 01

Actors get paid when they act, not when some "local sitcom" airs next month.

eggsyummmmy

Feb 25, 2013

go eat an golden egg! OST is a good portin in the yolk!

Feb 22, 2013 Clute, Texas

Well i got a call today, for modelin in houston. I was so happy, now im sorta not.

Ding5527

Jan 25, 2013

One Source Talent is a service for the fashion and acting communities. One Source Talent maintains an interactive database of models, actors and clients looking to fulfill creative requests and needs. The goal of One Source Talent is to create cost-effective, working relationships between talent and clients via its interactive network.
Created in 2003, One Source Talent has quickly found success in an extremely competitive industry previously dominated by a select few. OST operates in major markets nationwide including Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Washington D.C., Detroit (Corporate) and, of course, Los Angeles and New York.
With its unique business structure, advanced technology and a dedicated staff, One Source Talent is quickly changing how the modeling and acting worlds conduct business.
Talent with OST enjoy...
Real-time access and submissions to nation-wide castings and auditions, an interactive composite card for all digital and traditional submissions, a personal email account, industry workshops, 'Meet & Greets', a commission free environment and a benefit program utilizing select businesses in each market.
Clients of OST enjoy...
A searchable database of talent with detailed characteristics, a commission free service, a detailed talent evaluation process to ensure they are getting dedicated professionals and a corporate staff with years of industry knowledge and contacts.
We are fortunate enough
... Show more

0 2 Reply
bgall

Jan 25, 2013 Pooler, Georgia

:( Guessing you must work for OST are else family member of someone who does :x

OST workers are liars

Jan 28, 2013

agreed. they prolly work there and research all these websites that ppl tell the truth about and make them sound bad

1 0 Reply
agreed

Feb 05, 2013

yea i bet they are sitting at home doing this to get paid. heartless ppl they would do anything to make them some money

1 0 Reply
LisafromPortland

Apr 08, 2013

The problem with the response from OST is that it says it's commission free, without actually saying how they make their money. Or saying whether there is an upfront fee to the client, and if so, justifying the upfront fee. Any response?

1-20 of 461 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.